A new year means new year’s resolutions for many. Below are some tips to increase your chances of keeping these resolutions.
• Make small short-term goals that consistently bring you closer to your long-term goal. An ambitious goal may seem unattainable until it is broken down into small easy steps.
• If you’re making a health goal, do so with a friend. That way you have someone to keep you accountable and for support.
• Write your goals down and post them somewhere you will see them everyday, such as the bathroom sink or fridge.
• Tell as many people as you can about your resolutions, you are more apt to keep them when people know about them.
• Make a step-by-step plan that will bring you closer to your goal. Prepare yourself by acquiring all the necessary equipment.
• If you break a resolution, or fall short of your goal, don’t give up completely. Simply make another goal and carry on forwards.
• Make SMART goals: Sustainable, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time-bound.